21 May 2012

Chelsea defender Cahill amazed by his Cup Double

Mon, 05/21/2012

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill is amazed he's won two major trophies in less than six months as a Blue.

Cahill was outstanding in Chelsea's Champions League final triumph.

He admitted: "If you told me at the start of the season I would win the Champions League, I would've thought you were joking.

"I came here and signed for five and a half years and I wanted to win trophies. That's why I came here.

"But to win two in six months is what dreams are made of."

The other trophy was the FA Cup a fortnight earlier, which Chelsea secured while Cahill was recovering from a hamstring injury that threatened to shatter his Champions League dream.

The 26-year-old, who limped off in the semi-final triumph against Barcelona, was joined on the sidelines by centre-back partner David Luiz, with both only returning to training last week.

"When I picked up the injury against Barcelona, I feared I wouldn't make the game but I am thankful to the staff that got David and me back," Cahill said.

"Absolutely amazing night and highlight of my career so far."

No comments:

Post a Comment