5 July 2011

Barca budget reason for Fabregas delay



The reason why Cesc Fabregas' move to Barcelona from Arsenal has been delayed was revealed recently.
With the Gunner's pre-season training kicking off next Tuesday, the Spaniard has been fretting about the delay for his transfer, and according to reports in the Sun, the reason is because Barcelona were waiting till 1 July before finalising the deal.
This is because the Catalans wanted to enter the expected £37 million transfer fee into next year's financial results instead.
As it stands, their previous financial year ended on 30 June, and most of their transfer budget for that year will be spent on Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez in a £ 35 million transfer from Udinese.
While one Barcelona graduate will be leaving Arsenal to return home, another will be taking his place at the Emirates. The Gunners have swopped for 16-year-old Hector Bellerin, promising him a similar career progression for the youngster as their outgoing captain once had, when Fabregas arrived in England from La Masia.
The right back, speaking to Spanish TV programme Punto Pelota, said: "I was at home and my father called me to say Arsenal had been on the phone.
"We decided to go there to see how things are. I hadn't made up my mind because I'd been at Barcelona all my life so it was very difficult.
"But after evaluating things I decided to join Arsenal. When you want to be a professional you have to look to make your way. And I believe the right path for me was to choose Arsenal.
"We met Mr Wenger and it went so well. It was all too much for me but I paid full attention to everything he said. When there is a team that guarantees you can play in the first team and above all in the Premier League, then it is very difficult to say no.
"Mr Wenger was explaining to me how the club was and the project they had prepared for me and above all he wanted to get to know me."

No comments:

Post a Comment