22 June 2011

Man Utd hero Duxbury: Beating Maradona and Barcelona a great moment

22.06.11 | tribalfootball.com



Mike Duxbury admits beatingDiego Maradona and Barcelonawith Manchester Unitedremains his best career moment.
Duxbury enjoyed a successful career with United through the 1980's.
He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "For United the games I remember most are my full debut against City at Old Trafford and I was lucky enough to win the FA Cup twice, in 1983 and 1985.
"Then there was beating Barcelonawhen they had players like Diego Maradona and Bernd Schuster (in a European Cup Winners’ Cup quarter final in 1984).
"We were 2-0 down from the first leg at the Nou Camp. I don’t think Maradona played in the first leg. He was ill or something, they rushed him back for the second leg and he wasn’t at his best.
"But we came back to win 3-0 at home and it was one of those special nights.
"If you had said to me when I was a schoolboy in Blackburn that I would go on to play for 14 years for United, I would never have believed you."

No comments:

Post a Comment