22 October 2011

Roma chief Baldini admits offering job to Barcelona coach Guardiola

Sat, 10/22/2011

New AS Roma director general Franco Baldini admits they offered the coaching job to Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

Baldini made the revelation yesterday at his unveiling.

"I had a word with Guardiola,” stated Baldini. “I asked him if he fancied taking a step towards Roma. He responded by saying perhaps in a few years’ time…”

After much pondering, Roma eventually decided to replace Vincenzo Montella with Barcelona B boss Luis Enrique.

“I liked him from the start,” said the man who has worked alongside Fabio Capello for the English national side. “I instantly adored him as a person and the facts are proving me right.

“This is his first real experience, but he is talented and he has to make his own mistakes. He’s going to be a great Coach.

“I want him to be that immediately and he has all the characteristics to do so. We now have to give him the elements to succeed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment