16 September 2011

Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas denies 'Arsenal can no longer challenge for titles' comments

The Spanish midfielder says he did not comment on the Gunners' dwindling level of quality and insisted that was not the reason why he switched clubs during the summer

Cesc Fabregas, Spain


Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has vehemently denied making any comments aboutArsenal not being able to challenge for titles anymore.

Early on Thursday, the Spain international was quoted by Sport magazine as saying he had signed for Barcelona as he no longer believed the Gunners could claim silverware.

It was also written that Fabregas had claimed the Gunners were outside the top three in England because of a huge gap between them and the likes of Chelsea and Manchester's big two.

However, the 24-year-old has now denied making such remarks, saying on Twitter: "I have not given any interviews since my press conference at my presentation.

"There, I just said the truth and what came out of my heart: great words about a great club, because success and trophies is just what they deserve.

"I want Arsenal to be successful as much as every single fan. That is not why I left, it was never in my mind. Arsenal made me who I am today."

No comments:

Post a Comment